Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day

yeah Mother's Day!  Tomorrow the fam is going to Granny Max's nursing home and eating some KFC on the patio there.  I'm excited to see everyone and be off work and stuffs.
She's a smart cookie, that mother of mine. She is strong willed.  She is excellent with her words and speaks with intelligence.  She took psychology in college and I think has a good grasp on summarizing why people think and do the things they do.  She can interpret for you a dream you have in such a way your jaw with drop to the ground with a thud.
I was lucky to grow up with a female role model in my life that was very much about having self respect.
She was also big on us kids treating others with respect.
I've seen the question posed on Facebook and interviews the past couple of days, "What is the best piece of advice your mother has given you?"
Gosh, I have lots.
Here are my two favorite relationship advice:

1.) You don't really know a person until you've spent all 4 seasons with them.
That is so true! You don't.  I, myself, am a completely different human being in the season known as winter.  In fact, I turn from human being into a hibernating angry bear during these dreaded months.  It also helps to keep this advice in mind because there is a honeymoon phase in relationships and when that wears away, are you still enamored with the person you have come to know? 

2.)  Who do you love more, yourself or him?
People might tell you that True Love means taking a bullet for someone and things like that and I do feel altruistic toward my loved ones. What this means, though, is that the bottom line is- if the relationship is making you unhappy, it's time to go.  Sad but true. 

See what I mean?  Smart mama.
Have a happy Mother's Day y'all!



1 comment:

  1. Oh, you are so sweet, you make me cry. I absolutely love the pictures! I love you. I know life is rough right now. A lot of it is the recession and I think it hhhaaasss to get better. Thank you for the sweet post. If I haven't told you in the last 5 seconds, I really love you.

    ReplyDelete