Tuesday, January 29, 2013

2013 Superbowl Party Menu

So I'm going over to my man's house to watch the Super Bowl on Sunday and it's not really a party, per se.  Just a couple folks coming over because his living room is small and the boys want to be cozy when they watch it.  But, if you think that is going to stop me for one second to not make a creative food menu, you would be wrong.  Making food is my fav & so is creative crafty stuff so this is definitely happening.  Here's what I have so far.


Full Menu
Sweet Baby Ray Lewis Killer BBQ  (get it?  killer..)
Crabtree's Crabcakes
Ray Rice Krispy Treats
Gores S'mores
Flacco's Wacko Nachos




I'm a sucker for puns so the above menu cracks me up.
Here's the methods for all:


Sweet Baby Ray Lewis Killer BBQ:
I just nab one of those rolls of pork from kroger and pour in a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's Brown Sugar BBQ sauce and cook on low for 8 hrs.  Put all the pork and liquid into a storage container & refrigerate.  Braised meat is better the next day.  The next day, scrap the fatty stuff off the top and shred and put the meat in in a pot with all the liquid and cook until the liquid evaporates.
Maybe some sauteed onions on top?
Bake some Kaiser Rolls and brush a little butter on top.


Crabtree's Crabcakes
Butter a skillet with a tablespoon of unsalted butter on medium heat, add 1/2 cup diced onions.
In a separate bowl, combine 1 lb crab meat, 1/4 cup dice red bell pepper, 1/4 cup mayo, 1/2 teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard, 1/2 a lemon (juiced), 1/3 cup of crushed crackers, & once cool- the onions.  Gently mix.  Form lil balls and dredge each cake in panko crumbs.
Heat 1/2 cup of canola oil & brown the balls for about 5-7 minutes.  Put a toothpick in and dip in remoulade sauce.



Ray Rice Krispie Treats
Melt 1/4 cup butter in a big saucepan on low.  Add 3 cups mini marshmallows and stir until they melt.  Remove from heat and stir in 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal.  Press this mixture into a 2 inch buttered or sprayed pan or lined with wax paper.



Gores S'mores
2 cups Corn Chex & 2 cups Golden Grahams onto a large baking sheet.  Mix 1/4 cup of butter, 1 cup choc chips, 3/4 cup mini marshmallow in a bowl and microwave for 15 sec increments and mix every time until melted together.  Pour this mixture onto the cereal & gently mix until coated.  Sift powdered sugar & mix & sift, mix & sift.  Once cooled, mix in remaining mini marshmallows and 1 cup choc chips.


Flacco's Wacko Nachos
Gross, I hate cheese.  I'll just tell my mans this one is all him  ;)

I also have spray paint and an old coffee can so i'm going to do this for the forks/napkins:



*Shout out to my friendsies at work who told me player's names and food suggestions.  It takes a village.  hehehe

4 comments: